Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Other Symptoms of Low Testosterone Level Include;
Symptoms of Low Testosterone Secretion
If the hormone is in low secretion, the symptoms could be mistaken to be because of aging and so are most times neglected. Some of these symptoms include;
- Low sex drive: as mentioned earlier, this hormone helps in increasing a male’s sex libido, and so if it is low, it means he will not have such drives any more. Although decrease in sex drive is also a characteristic of aging, if it occurs in individuals that are not old, then there is a possibility that it is caused by low secretion of testosterone.
- Erectile dysfunction: erectile dysfunction is also known as impotence. Testosterone does not in itself cause erection, but helps simulate the brain to produce nitric oxide which triggers the receptors of the penis to be erect. This dysfunction is also caused by certain ailments like heart diseases, clogged blood vessels, high cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc. and so it is important for one to have regular checkup to know if one’s own is caused by any of these diseases or low testosterone level.
- Low sperm count or low sperm production: low sperm count, also known as oligospermia can also be caused by low testosterone and this is because high T stimulates the production of more semen by the testicles.
- Increased body fat: it has been noticed that some people who take drugs to depress testosterone levels in order to treat other prostate cancer are seen to have a decrease in body fat. Some researchers also show that testosterone affects the way our body store fats and those who have low T experience increased or tenderness of breast and body size.
- Loss of bone and muscle mass: testosterone is responsible for strengthening of bones and muscles in men. This is probably the reason while women have low bone development and are prone to bone diseases more than their male counterpart. If someone’s T level is decreased, he becomes susceptible to bone fractures and other problems associated with the bone. This also is not only caused by low T as it can be symptoms of obesity and other diseases.
- Depression: low T level in male is a major concern to many people who suffer from it as they are fatigued, and tired of their condition. Depression is a health condition that results when we experience things that we haven’t imagined happen to us, putting us in a sorry state.